Christmas is almost here! So as you prepare, consider your BODY MECHANICS as you do these tasks. I don’t want you to end up hurting yourself during this joyful season!
1. Decorating the tree. Be extra careful when you put ornaments on the low branches.
2. Putting up lights outside. Be extra careful if you have to use a ladder.
3. Baking. Watch your body mechanics as you put the cookies into the oven. Be more cautious as you load/unload the turkey or ham from the oven.
4. Picking up the babies in your extended family. Keep your back straight and lift with your legs!
5. Raking leaves (in the South we are still doing this). Keep your back straight and avoid twisting. Shift your body weight from side-side. Take lots of steps.
6. Shoveling snow (unheard of here in SC, but this one is for my Canadian and Russian readers). Keep your back straight, use your legs, take your time, don’t twist your back.
7. Loading/unloading the dishwasher. Don’t bend forward from your back!
Merry Christmas! May you be healthy, safe and PAIN-FREE!!!