Unless you follow my blog regularly and have begun to think like a PT, you probably have never thought about body mechanics while plugging in your electronic devices. But everything you do can and should be done with good body mechanics so as to PREVENT PAIN! So here are some tips for the next time you plug in your phone charger.
1. Squat instead of bending your back. (You guessed right!)
2. Hold onto the bed or desk, kick one leg back behind you and perform a golfer’s grab.
3. Try charging your phone in the kitchen or bathroom, where the plugs are higher.
4. Keep the phone connection piece (what’s it called?) up on a table or chair instead of on the floor.
5. Use a desktop charging device.
6. Try to avoid outlets that are hidden behind furniture.
7. Be careful not to twist your back if the outlet is hard to reach. You may need to get onto your hands and knees.
So think twice the next time you have to plug anything into the wall, and check your body mechanics! A lifetime of good choices will make your future less painful!