Here are some ideas about how to not consume 10,000 calories this Thanksgiving…
1. Enjoy just 1 plateful of your favorite Thanksgiving foods. Pass on the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
2. Don’t get every food option just because it is there. If you do not like the food that much, don’t just eat it. (example don’t get turkey and ham if you really prefer turkey).
3. Choose to eat only 1 or 2 starches instead of 4 (is there one that you can live without–maybe bread?).
4. Use low or non-fat creams for cooking or condiments (light sour cream, low fat milk, margarine, fat free whipped toppping).
5. Make one of your veggies outside of a casserole (steamed green beans or corn).
6. Choose only 1 slice of pie or a couple of mini-slices.
7. Save calories by drinking water instead of soda or tea.
8. Go for a walk or play ball outside on Thanksgiving afternoon.
9. Stop eating when you are full. Do not wait an hour and then fill up again. Wait until the next mealtime.
10. Be thankful for your body/health and think of how to improve it!
Remember portion size equals the palm of your hand and that it takes the brain 30 minutes to let you know your full. A good tip….get a kid size section plate and fill the sections and thats what you eat; but don't cheat and pack it high. Hope that helps too!!
Thanks for the comment! I totally agree! Portion sizes are key!
Leave a comment