If you are like my husband, you like to sit back and chill when you get the chance. Of course, with two babies, he doesn’t get that chance very often… (I am the opposite; when the kids are asleep, I start cooking, cleaning and blogging).
So while you are watching your favorite team or holiday movie, here are some tips for future PAIN PREVENTION.
1. What position are you sitting in when you watch TV? Instead of slumping, try sitting up with a small pillow behind your low back. Or lie on your side for awhile. Or lie on your tummy on the floor.
2. What are you snacking on? If you start bad eating habits when you are younger (when your metabolism is higher), they are hard to break later in life (when your metabolism slows).
3. Make a healthy eating rule for yourself. No junk food until you have had 5 servings of fruits or vegetables that day. So at 10 pm if you want to snack, you may need 3 cups of berries.
4. What are you drinking? Make a healthy drinking rule. No calorie-filled drinks until you have had 6-8 glasses of water that day.
5. Enjoy your relaxation time, but try to add more activity. Exercise is a great form of stress relief! And it helps you to sleep better.