Toddlers may not always know what it best for them, but there are some things they can teach us about healthy eating.
1. Toddlers love fruit. It does not matter which type of fruit. That is the one food they are not picky about. They eat fruit at meals and for snacks.
2. Toddlers love plain Cheerios. What a healthy choice of cereal!
3. Toddlers eat in small amounts. They eat smaller meals and have healthy snacks.
4. Toddlers eat mostly vegetarian foods. They get protein from nuts (pending the age), grains and dairy products.
5. Toddlers love yogurt and milk. Low-fat varieties are very healthy choices for adults.
6. Toddlers like plain foods, like fresh bread, string cheese and raisins. Maybe they know more than we do about processed food.
7. Toddlers are happy with 1 piece of chocolate (as long as they don’t see the rest of the bag).
8. A healthy toddler meal includes a grain, a fruit, a protein, and a dairy.
9. Toddlers drink a lot (milk, watered-down juice). Many adults (especially elderly) do not drink enough and end up dehydrated.
10. Toddlers do not think about their weight. They just eat when they are hungry.
That's awesome! Sounds like a good 'diet' to be on!
Leave a comment