Here is a healthier version of the traditional 7-layer dip.
Brown 1 lb of lean ground turkey or beef (93% lean) until cooked. Then drain.
Add 1 package of taco seasoning. Follow directions on taco seasoning envelope. Then set seasoned meat aside.
Empty contents of 1 can of fat free refried beans into bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
1. Spread refried beans onto 9×13 pan or cookie sheet.
2. Cover with seasoned meat.
3. Cover with finely chopped Romaine lettuce.
4. Cover with chopped tomatoes.
5. Cover with chopped cucumbers or green peppers
6. Cover with shredded cheese of your choice
7. Top with small spoonfuls of salsa and fat free sour cream
8. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and/or cilantro