1. Go for a walk in your neighborhood. Take your dogs. Take your kids. Walk to the park instead of driving. Walk 10 blocks instead of taking the subway or taxi. Look for an excuse to get out of the house!
2. Walk around the block on your lunch break. If you have an hour for lunch, use 30 minutes for exercise! If you have a desk job, be intentional about moving around during lunchtime and other breaks.
3. Ride a stationary bike while watching TV. If you have little time or ability to exercise outside of the home, consider buying a stationary bike, which is cheaper than a 6-month gym membership.
4. Take the stairs (every time)! Make it your routine, whether 1 flight or 5.
5. Go window shopping. Walk around town or the mall. And next time you are tempted to shop online, spend the time actually going to the store.
6. Go to the gym on your way to or from work. Be sure to choose one that is on your route. Or take advantage of the gym at work. If you are on a time budget, just work out for 30 minutes.
7. Play chase with your children or pets. This is an easy way to get your heart rate up quickly. And your babies will love you for it.
8. Do housework or yardwork. Try to work for 30-60 straight minutes. And use good body mechanics by squatting frequently.
9. Do jumping jacks, push-ups and crunches at home. Or use an exercise DVD. This is an ideal option for young moms during naptime!
10. Stand up while using your laptop or phone. Standing burns more calories than sitting. And it is a better position for your back!