1. It is the only body God gave you.
2. Your body will thank you when you are older.
3. Taking care of it now will make your life easier down the road.
4. It’s just like your favorite car: take care of it, and it will run longer.
5. You will feel great and look great!
6. To set a good example for your children and those who look up to you.
7. To decrease your aches and pains and prevent them from coming back.
8. To reach your maximum physical potential! You don’t know how much your body is capable of (running a marathon, losing 50 pounds, returning to your favorite sport)!
9. To improve your sleep, decrease your stress, and boost your energy levels.
10. To keep you out of the doctor’s office and doing the activities you love.
11. Because you want to know your grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
12. No one else will or can do it for you.
13. To save you money! Unhealthy living ends up being terribly expensive over a lifetime.
“Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.” -2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV)