You may not experience pain right now, but you will as you age. Don’t you remember growing up and hearing your parents or grandparents say it hurts to grow older? “My back hurts…I’m just getting old.” But do you have to hurt as you grow older? Maybe. But what steps can you take to decrease the chance of arthritis pain later in life? Here is a list of tips for maintaining a HEALTHY WEIGHT (no matter how old you are).
1. If you are going to snack, snack on healthier foods!
2. Drink more water!
3. Drink less sugar-filled, calorie-filled drinks!
4. Be more active!
5. Start exercising (you can even start with 5-10 minutes of walking)!
6. Decrease your fried food intake!
7. Replace red meat with white meat or fish at least 1x/week.
8. Stand up more. It burns more calories than sitting.
9. Eat more fruits and veggies!
10. Think of ways to decrease your volume of food consumption!
Please share any success stories or additional tips that have worked for you!