This may be unheard of, but consider your BODY MECHANICS when you are in the restroom/bathroom! I bet there is something you can improve on whenever you go to the bathroom. Here are some areas to consider:
1. Washing your hands or face. Do you bend forward from your back? Squat instead!
2. Brushing your teeth. What position is your back in? Try to squat…it helps if you stick out your buttocks.
3. Drying off after bathing. Check your back position when drying your legs and feet. Also, tubs/showers are high risk areas for falling.
4. Cleaning the toilet. Don’t forget to squat instead of bending your back.
5. Cleaning the tub/shower. Try squatting inside the tub when scrubbing. Or sit on a step stool inside the tub. Try using a scrubbing mop. There are even some self-cleaning shower products (I have never tried them though).
6. Shaving. You may need to get creative, but find a way to shave and rinse without bending forward from your back. Try squatting or holding a lunge position when you need to rinse. Men–could you shave in the shower? Women–could you sit when shaving your legs?