Keeping your weight down is one of the best ways to prevent pain in your future! It helps to decrease wear and tear on your back and joints. So here are some ideas for tasty desserts that are a little healthier than usual.
1. Serve your favorite berries with some low-fat whipped topping and a graham cracker on the side.
2. Bake your cake mix using applesauce instead of oil. Instead of frosting, mix low-fat whipped topping with pudding mix (pistachio is my flavor of choice) and crushed pineapple. Be sure to fold in the whipped topping last.
3. Oatmeal raisin cookies made with margarine instead of butter.
4. Hot chocolate made with skim milk.
5. Make a parfait with fresh fruit and low-fat yogurt.
6. Top a few animal crackers with peanut butter and some sprinkles.
7. Pudding made with low-fat milk.
8. Cut out some calories from your pies by not eating the crust (I don’t like pastry crust much anyways).
9. Make a fruit dip by mixing low-fat cream cheese with a little powdered sugar.
10. Homemade trail mix with dried fruit, granola, nuts, cereal, and/or a few chocolate chips.