1. Be active. Have an active lifestyle starting now! Being active at a younger age has health benefits for your future and will improve your quality of life when you are 60, 70 and 80+.
2. Choose a career that you enjoy! And don’t rush to retire. If you like what you do, why retire just because you reach a certain age?
3. Stay close to your family. Invest time in the ones you love the most.
4. Make and keep long-lasting friends. Companionship is priceless, no matter your age.
5. Choose a hobby that gets you outdoors, and do it daily! Gardening, golf, hunting, walking, museums, etc. Be creative and find something you enjoy that keeps you moving!
6. Maintain a healthy weight. Think about the oldest person you know. Is he/she overweight?
7. Wake up early every day. Stay busy, even on your days off.
8. Learn how to manage your stress levels. Cooking, movies, pets, or traveling are good options.
9. Put God first. All the 80-year-olds I know love God and love going to church.