There is one simple and easy way to sit with improved posture, no matter what chair you are sitting in: to use a lumbar support or lumbar roll. Here are a variety of things you could use for back support. Just place them behind your low back, no matter where you are sitting. You could buy a lumbar roll, but here are some things you probably have around the house that will be just as effective.
1. Roll up a medium-sized bath towel.
2. Fold or roll up a small blanket.
3. Fold up a tablecloth or sheet.
4. Find a small, decorative pillow.
5. If you are in public and do not have a pillow, roll up your sweater or jacket.
6. For women–try using your purse.
The important thing to remember is to use lumbar support consistently. This includes in the car, in your recliner, in waiting rooms, at lunch, when reading, when watching TV, when on your computer, at work, and any other time you have to sit, especially for long periods of time.
Slumped posture may not cause you back pain right now, but it will in the future. So make a choice today to start new posture habits! Your back will thank you.